In this 5 week module, students work in pairs to create their own website on a given topic. Websites are created using Weebly, an online web design service which allows users to create a website without needing to spend weeks learning about css, html, java and so on. Students are encouraged to focus on an elegant, professional design that tells a good story.
There are 5 double classes in this module, here's what we do each week:
Assessment - What should be in my website?
Students work in pairs to create a website to a specific theme. The website must have the following:
- Photos (good choice of high quality photos)
- Content (plain English, interesting, focused)
- Layout (clear & obvious)
- Links (links to external sites, files)
- Some embedded code (map, twitter feed etc)
- 5 pages
- A page showing research of good and bad websites discussing why.