Duration: 2 Classes ( one 80 minute double)
- To get students more aware of whats happening in the world
- To understand the role of journalism in a thriving and accountable democracy
- To understand the different types of journalism, e.g. sports, political and investigative
- To show students the importance of building trust,thorough research and effective interview techniques
- To explore the capacity of the media to manipulate whole populations
- Students are shown videos about journalism by the BBC
- Handouts are distributed
- Students are shown videos of 'Unreported World'
- Class discussions are held about what is going on in the world
Method of Assessment:
- An assignment is given where the students look up news stories of their choice from around the world and write about three of them. They research their chosen topics, and write them up. The teacher then grades their work at the end of the term
- behaviour and attendance also plays a factor in final assessments.